Tuesday, September 16, 2014

9th day - 12th sep 2014 - The Grape Thief and The Beach!

9th day - 12th Sep 2014

6 Am wake-up shout!

When you camp and it is traffic-quiet it is sometimes/often different in the light.
Unfortunately I found a spot and realised too late that there was visibility to the road.
So I just got woken up. Sounded like he said 'brole' which means fire? (Campsite? No fires?)
I guess I look all pink and body-like and a concerned citizen would come and look.

Better than a wild dog eating your feet wake-up call!
Back to freezing sleep...


Morning View:
   Canal du Rhone a Sete & Z.A.E. la Tour - Vic-la-Gardiole, Montarnaud.



So due to 3 hours of puncture hell yesterday I'm cheating and pinching that time today if I can get to the south beach before mid day I've done it in 8 days. (It's my trip and I'll cheat of I want to!).

8:30 Am off again.

D619/3? Brieflyoop
D27 to coast
So hungry..only stinky water left!
Fresh grapes! Wow!! I can still taste them. Hang on I am tasting them.


How do you say in French:
"That guys got pockets full of yummy grapes!"
I think the old folk's I passed just said that.

Irish, Policeman, abstinence?

D185

@11pm Plage (beach)



Another wet shirt to keep me cool and I ran into two amazing Brits who are north to south of Europe!
(details footer)

But I got another flat back tire, my fault for going over bad ground. (Two puncture areas also which worrying when you think you fix it put the wheel back on then it still doesn't pump up.

Dark reminders from yesterday, but this time I'm on a peninsula in the middle of nowhere.
Not a busy town a walk to the bike shop! (but met nice German/Estonian couple who met in the USA) then fixed and continued on to the south beach.

Fin!



Interactive bit of blog:
Go to YouTube
Type: Morten Harket ready to go home
Enjoy it for me..."I'm ready now to sleep".


Next:getting home research
First: hotel,shower,sleep - hopefully in that order....but?!


The British guys who were cycling Europe, please visit and support them: