Friday, September 12, 2014

5th day - 8th Sep 2014 - Slinging advice at cows? and Blackberry overload!

8th sep 2014 - day 5

FreeeZing morning! A bit of John Mayer music to take my mind off it.(Battle Studies...'nough said)

Morning View:
      Genouillac, Chatelus-Malvaleix & Peyr - Limousin


Ironic that I was top-less for maybe 2 hours yesterday and could feel the temperature drop as I went into this valley. Got to get south-wards fast! Unsure on the left knee.
No useful map either now (I broken it into bike-ready bits and lost the current page in the dark!)

Face of adversity much?

OK,... stay "Mountain-focused...".

To Cows:   "You have the wrong idea" - Ok I was bored and they looked like they needed life-advice.

Blackberries!(2nd morning again right next to me)
Tanking up on paracetamol. Both thighs sore to the topi was pushing again yesterday like the first day.

10am off. Sore. No water. Little food. No map. Idea on direction but can't waste leg power on it. If not 100%.

It was wrong direction but last night I only followed for 5 min as was not 100%

Warmer days. The last two. Hardest part was some kid slurp ice cold as I pass (hot and thirsty!).

AmaZing downhill (for about 2 mins) it's just before the D9 turn right to Queroia.

Cows do not like being sung at....

1:45pm break stopped next to...yes blackberries! Dark clouds ahead&rain drops. Luckily a first.

More thunder hopefully meaning closer to mountains as I'm sore as hell on the ol' cabbusey. Really.

Also at half way through wondering why.....why.....why....?
(ok pretty silly video as I'm fed up and sore....too...)



990 Aubusson 992
More blackberry bushes!!!

630pm already!, bad thing? It's dark at 9+ so that's another 2.765 hours of light
(you know.. about).

Got soaked, cold night, so tried to charm the lady into a reduced rate.
"None."

I suspect she knows the dishevelled fool in front of her has little other options!
And I now also suspect it had ruined my 'HQ service' chances as everyone is eating and I'm hungry!