Friday, September 12, 2014

6th day - 9th sep 2014 - Sometimes you just have to live on eggs and solar power ;-)

(Ok so things are bad if I'm doing semi-smileys!)

6th day - 9th sep 2014

Morning View: (Cantal & Correze - Limousin & Auvergne)



Right hand is hard to grip since got to the hotel (no, not due to internet access) but I do need it to complete this mission. So 'fingers' on that one, (if only with the left fingers).

I feel like a combination of decard and Dutch actor Rutger Hauers character from blade runner. (But Hmmm Pris).


So I'm horizontal charging this phone in bed. Relishing the inside-ness after 5 days. And yes I figured 7 euro for a hotel breakfast or over-the-road shop, and able to choose more for just 5 Euro.
So I am wheat-ing it large today, yes. Quiche,croissant(ham cheese) funny doughnut thing.
Hypocrites would be proud!



Time for bum plaster. Thanks for the tip brother Gavin.
Despite the orange-padded cycling shorts; the skin is broken and very sore...


Superman looks a little disgruntled. I get it....Sorry Clark.

Just now I am on a line with the Boudeaux region horizontally speaking.
Some french say this is the official south divide line.

Good rest and dried my lovely smelling hand washed clothes(ok smell was inaccurate).

Maps are so funny! (but click and look closer?)



A late 12pm off after credit Card wouldn't swipe @hotel, but started to rain a bit as I start.
Dry all day so far.. great! Reviewing route while I still have wifi then...

Great downhill runs!

Ussel->D982. (NOT D922 as long around)

Crazy amounts of blackberries.



I have never eaten so many so quickly with such gusto! I do wonder if the guy watching me with a wry smile has sprayed them with something though?
Ok lunch done. Lucky as I had nothing left to eat! I feel funny suddenly....

I feel safe on roads as they definitely give you room also I Assume no one actually wants to actually 'kill'
a cyclist!?
Warmer suddenly.
Wind-y and shear drops but great fun.

Video

Rain! (Quite disappointing amounts)



Makeshift Pink-Pannier cover!! (my favourite colour)



D678

Is it possible to overdose on blackberries? Fun though AND essential if you have zero food and don't think you can make the next big town before dark.
I think I'm blind!




D22 & D26 Mauriac
D15

Maybe first mountain glimps and sun!



D922

Can I make it to below with 3+ hrs before dark. I'm dry now... but My stomach says yes! Brain? Unsure but let's stay super positive.....'Morten Harket' music I feel for this one.

Morten helps but Parkinson theory states that humans need impending deadlines to perform.
It's working for me.  (Hunger and deadline!)

Just for you a quick stop to vid these babies:



But it occurs to one (and I'll share it) that on these many crazy downhills and wobbly uphills that 'I' or a careless driver could pop me off this mortal coil. It is interesting and makes you think about if you did and said all you could in that pre-mort time.

I thought about this before I left and yes I think I did...

But sad to not see how it all ends.

That would be a premature shame.

Really.

Onwards...tummy grumbles!

You could....


Getting hilly


Water needed. Guys say all downhill now and shops close at 9. Hopeful!

Nicest thing about a deep valley is leaving it behind.



Simply amazing downhills for miles or flat, a real treat after the days ups and downs.

D18 Aurillac (hunger city) 9pm
Made it but food shops closed. Dam...

Hotel+Buffet!!!! Food Blind again!